Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Have You Tried The Chicken-In-A-Biscut Cracker Because I Am Thinking That May Be Easier

I have noticed lately that we have been going through an inordinate amount of chicken flavored Ramen Noodles. I didn't think too much about it because I figured that I since I now have a teenager and a tween (or as Wil likes to think...two teenagers who should be able to stay by themselves and walk downtown by themselves and hang out on his friend's boat with no parents by themselves) because when I was that age I was all about the Ramen noodles. (I actually thought I was pretty classy eating something from a different country- I lived a very sheltered chicken, rice and peas existence. I also thought bagels were high class since you could buy them on the street in New York.)

Anyway.... I noticed Noah opening a pack the other day and I watched with interest as he put the whole brick-o-noodles onto a plate. He opened the chicken flavor and sprinkled it onto the top, then picked up the whole thing and took a big old bite. Like he was biting into a piece of pizza. No bowl. No water. Not even a set of chopsticks. He looked at me and said...

"This a good cracker".

I don't even know what to say about that.

It reminds me of the other day when Gabey Baby was tapping very hard on my non-touchscreen Blackberry (that thankfully has not fallen off the top of any cars or taken any dives in the washing machine) and he looked at me with the most forlorn look and said

"My Ipod not working".

Why does my almost three year old know what an Ipod is but my 14 year old doesn't know Ramen Noodles are soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment